Dr Attili, MBBS, MRCP, CCT-Dermatology (UK), is fully registered with the GMC on the Specialist Register for Dermatology. He has a wealth of experience in treating a wide range of inflammatory skin diseases (rashes like psoriasis, eczema, urticaria etc), infections and skin cancers; both in dark and white skin. He has a special interest in acne and pigmentation problems.
He is a member of various dermatological organisations including the Royal College of Physicians of London, the British Association of Dermatologists, the Scottish Dermatological Society, the British Society of Dermatological Surgery, the British Cosmetic Dermatology Society and the British Society for Dermatopathology.
He has numerous publications to his name and has won prizes and awards at International conferences and meetings.
Some of his recent publications include:
- Attili VR, Attili SK. Segmental and generalized vitiligo: Both forms demonstrate inflammatory histopathological features and clinical mosaicism. Indian J Dermatol 2013;58:433-8.
- Attili SK, Ibbotson SH, Fleming C. Role of non-surgical therapies in the management of Periocular Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Intraepidermal Carcinoma. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2012 Apr;28(2):68-79
- Kerr AC, Ferguson J, Attili SK, Beattie PE, Coleman AJ, Dawe RS, Eberlein B, Goulden V, Ibbotson SH, Menage Hdu P, Moseley H, Novakovic L, Walker SL, Woods JA, Young AR, Sarkany RP. Ultraviolet A1 phototherapy: a British Photodermatology Group workshop report. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2012 Apr;37(3)
- Attili SK, Dawe RS, Ibbotson SH. A review of pain experienced during topical Photodynamic Therapy – our experience in Dundee. Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther. 2011 Mar;8(1):53-7
- Attili SK, Attili VR. Reply: Histopathology and immunohistochemistry of depigmented lesions in lupus erythematosus. J Cutan Pathol. 2010 Dec;37(12):1261-2.
He is a Reviewer/ Referee for the following Journals:
- Photodiagnosis and Photodynamic Therapy
- International Journal of Dermatology
- Clinical & Experimental Dermatology
- Archives of Dermatology
- Current Oncology
- The Lancet
- European Journal of Dermatology